At the June 6, 2019 Board meeting, the new STR- friendly Board voted on several STR-related matters.
They voted in favor of:
- Removing information about STRs and how to report them from the elevators, bulletin board, and all common areas (which they have done). Luckily, you can find that information on this website.
- Spending over $3,000 to hire a company to research the zoning history of the building. The company mentioned specializes in obtaining zoning permits and variances.
- Establishing and staffing a reception desk to check in guests. They had no estimate of what this might cost.
- Hiring Terrance Revere as a second AOAO attorney “for litigation.” Revere is the attorney who represented Ainslie Ports, newly elected Board Vice President, in a lawsuit threat against the AOAO and its previous directors. He was also discovered to have an active suit against the AOAO on an unrelated matter. The Board voted to hire him if he drops the other suit. The cost was not known.
They voted against:
- A motion to send to owners copies of the letters that the Department of Planning and Permitting has sent to the AOAO. Luckily, you can see those letters on this website.